My career in customer insight, market research and customer data analytics spans 20 years and multiple sectors across retail, leisure and entertainment.
I’ve worked with many brands, such as Vue Cinemas, the Co-op, Marks & Spencer, Maplin, bathstore and Orkla Foods Sweden. I’ve worked with investment houses, consultancies and agencies in the UK and Sweden, such as Silver Lake, Cheil, Engine, Symphony Retail, DLF and Marketing Clinic Sweden. (See who I’ve worked with and my client testimonials)
Before freelancing, I worked client-side at retail and entertainment brands, most recently Sainsbury’s – where I headed up the Trading & Channels Insight teams with a £ multi-million research and analytics budget, working across all categories instore and online.
I developed Clubcard insight and tools for Tesco Commercial Directors and their teams as Senior Client Director (Tesco) at dunnhumby, and I held insight and category management roles at the The Walt Disney Company, Virgin Megastores and Kingfisher/Woolworths Group (MVC Entertainment).
I’m proud to be a Certified Member of the Market Research Society and hold the MRS Diploma in Social & Market Research Practice at distinction level. I’m a member of the Market Research Standards Board Working Party, a Social Research Association and AURA member and an occasional contributor to Campaign and Marketing magazines (links below).
I’m a committed school governor and trustee at Brentford School for Girls in London, where I focus on careers and higher education as well as sitting on the Finance Committee. I am a passionate advocate for education, and work to encourage state school students (especially first generation) to apply to elite universities. I coach and mentor sixth formers at Chiswick School and St George’s Maida Vale as well as Brentford.
Conference papers, comment and opinion pieces:
- MRS Research Live Vox Pops: Insight Teams
- MRS Research Live Vox Pops: Uncertainty in the Insight Community
- MRS Data Analytics, Tools & Methodologies Conference: Using customer analytics to realise the value of your customer data
- Great Consumer Insight for Campaign
- UBS Millennials Panel – Panellist and Speaker
- John Lewis Retail Report & the ‘Master Shopper’ – interviewed on LBC’s Olly Mann show
- Marks & Spencer Sparks Loyalty for Campaign
- Loyalty Schemes for Campaign
- Loyalty Schemes for the Independent (comment, print edition)
- Tesco for Campaign
- Lidl for Campaign
- The Rise of the Customer Director for Marketing Magazine
- Amazon Fresh for Marketing Magazine
- The Value of Clubcard for Tesco Fresh Suppliers Conference